Last updated: June 1, 2019.
WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Personal information is any information about an identifiable individual. This includes information such as your name, age, contact details, address, email address, and payment information.
THE PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT YETI COLLECTS
We collect and maintain different types of personal information in respect of the individuals with whom we interact. This personal information includes but is not limited to:
- contact and identification information, such as your name, shipping and billing addresses, telephone number, email address and credit card and/or other payment information;
- your age and gender;
- your feedback and reviews of our products or services;
- your submissions of (i) ideas, inventions or improvements to or in connection any new or existing products and services; and/or (ii) custom designs, information, works of authorship or other materials or information for use in connection with our products and services;
- location information; and
- additional information concerning the products and services that we provide to, or receive from, you.
We only collect the necessary personal information from you to provide you with the products and services available through our Site and which enables us to manage, maintain, and develop our operations. One goal in collecting personal information from you is to provide an efficient, meaningful, and customized experience. For example, we can use your personal information to:
- establish, maintain and manage our relationship with you so that we may provide you with, or receive from you, the products or services that have been requested;
- enable you to register, access and maintain an account with us and to participate in contests and sweepstakes, sign up for special offers, catalogues, newsletters and other communications, and/or to receive surveys and other information relating to new and existing products;
- allow you to participate in, subscribe to or otherwise receive products or services from us;
- be able to review the products and services that we provide to you so that we may: (i) understand your requirements for our products and services; and (ii) work to improve our products and services;
- be able to comply with your requests (for example, if you prefer to be contacted at a business or residential telephone number and advise us of your preference, we will use this information to contact you at that number);
- to understand your preferences and tailor offers, products and services to you based on these preferences;
- process and facilitate payments for products and services and to provide, administer and monitor your purchases, fees paid and payable, and transaction history;
- to send information to you about promotions, products or services of ours or our marketing partners that we believe may be of interest to you;
- to protect YETI against error, fraud, theft and damage to our goods and property;
- conduct analysis and evaluations to understand usage and trends in order to improve our Site, products, services and marketing communications;
- to enable us to comply with applicable laws or regulatory processes; and
- any other reasonable purpose to which you consent.
By consenting to our collection of your personal information through the use of our Site you allow us to fulfill the purposes for which we collect your personal information. When we collect your information for research and development purposes, we ensure that any information used for our analysis and reports will be de-identified and aggregated in a manner that will not identify you.
We will collect your express consent prior to our contacting you with any electronic marketing messages. You will have the opportunity to opt-out of receiving such messages at any time, as more particularly set out below in the section entitled “Opting Out of Marketing Communications”.
THE WAYS IN WHICH YETI COLLECTS PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect information from you in several different ways on this Site. A few examples of the ways in which YETI collects information from you on this Site are as follows:
- Order Registration. Before placing orders on the Site, you may complete an online registration form. During registration, you will be prompted to provide us with certain personal information, including but not limited to your name, shipping and billing addresses, phone number, email address, and credit card information. In addition, we may also ask you for your country of residence and/or your organization’s country of operation, so we can comply with applicable laws and regulations. We use these kinds of personal information for billing purposes, to fulfill your orders, to communicate with you about your order and the Sites, and for internal marketing purposes. When you purchase or return a product, we collect information about the transaction such as the product details, date and location of the transaction, and any reasons provided for a return. If we encounter a problem when processing your transaction, your personal information may be used to contact you.
- Creation of an Online Account. You may choose to register for an online account to receive regular updates from us. When you create your account, we may ask you to provide your name, age, gender, address, demographic information, email, interests, and product purchase history. We may use this information to customize messages we send about products, offers, surveys, promotions, events, and news we think may interest you and tailor your experience on the Site. You are not required to register an account to use the Site.
- Participation in Contests, Promotions and other Initiatives. Several locations of the Site permit you to enter your personal information for purposes including but not limited to: to register for a contest or sweepstakes; to request us to notify you of new products, new product styles, or product sizes; to sign up for email newsletters and special offers. Your participation in a contest or sweepstakes is completely voluntary, so you have a choice of whether to participate and disclose information to us. We use this information to notify contest and sweepstakes winners and to award prizes. We may post the names and cities of contest and sweepstakes winners on the Site. By entering a contest or sweepstakes, you may be opting in to receive our email newsletter, special offers, and surveys. This will be disclosed in the official rules governing the contest or sweepstakes and you will be given an opportunity to expressly opt-in to receiving electronic communications from YETI at the time sign-up for the contest, sweepstakes, promotion or other initiative.
- “Web beacons” allow two websites to share information. They may be used for site traffic reporting, unique website visitor counts, and advertising auditing.
- Log Files. The Site server automatically recognizes the Internet URL from which you access the Site. We may also log your Internet protocol (“IP”) address, Internet service provider, and date/time stamp for system administration, order verification, internal marketing, and system troubleshooting purposes. (An IP address may indicate the location of your computer on the Internet).
- Third Parties. We may combine information you provide us with data we have collected offline, data that is publicly available, and data from our third party services providers. We also use third party data to enhance the Site’s ability to serve you, tailor content to you, and to provide you with information we believe interests you. We may, from time to time, contract with third party vendors to provide ads on the Site to visitors on our behalf via the Internet or to send direct mail or catalogs to customers whom we think may be interested in our products or services. In order to do so, such vendor may collect anonymous information about your visits to the Site using cookies. Third-party vendors may then pool the anonymous information that they collect from the Site with other sources of information, which may include your name and mailing address, for purposes of sending direct mail or a catalog. To opt-out of receiving our direct mail or catalogs, please see the “Opting Out of Marketing Communications” section below.
YETI’S USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Internal Use. We use your personal information to process your order and provide you with customer service. We may internally use your personal information to improve the Sites’ content and layout, to improve outreach and for our own marketing efforts (including marketing our services and products to you), and to determine general marketplace information about visitors to the Site. In order to facilitate such use and the other use described in this Section, we may share your information with affiliates under YETI’s control.
- Communications with You. We will use your personal information to communicate with you about the Site and your orders and deliveries and we may send you a confirmation email when you register with us. We may send you a service-related announcement on the rare occasions when it is necessary (for example, if we must temporarily suspend our service for maintenance). In addition, you may submit your personal information for reasons such as to register for a contest or sweepstakes; to request us to notify you of new products, new product styles, or product sizes; to sign up for email newsletters and special offers; and to receive surveys. If you submit your email address, we use it to deliver the information to you. When you submit your email address or other contact information, we use it to deliver this information to you. We always permit you to unsubscribe or opt out of future emails (see the “Opting Out of Marketing Communications” below, for more details). Because we must communicate with you about orders that you choose to place, you cannot opt out of receiving emails related to your orders for products and services.
YETI’S DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We want to provide you with excellent service and to offer you a great selection of products and services. In order to do so, we may share your personal information with our contractors, consultants, affiliates and other parties who require such information to assist us with managing our relationship with you, including third parties that provide services to us or on our behalf and that assist with the operation of our business. By providing your personal information to us, you consent to our disclosure of this information to our service providers, including those that may be located outside of Canada, for the purpose of processing your order, providing services to you and to operate our business. Some examples of how we may disclose your personal information, include but are not limited to the following:
- Delivery of Products. To deliver products to you, we must share certain personal information with third party service providers. We partner with third parties (such as Purolator and Canada Post) to ship products, to ensure delivery, and so that we can obtain feedback, improve the quality of our service, and measure and improve the quality of the service of the third party. In the example of shippers, we provide them some personally identifiable information such as your name, shipping address, email, and phone number.
- Payment Processing. To facilitate your purchase of our products and services on or through the Site, we must provide your credit card number and/or other payment information to financial-services providers such as payment processors. When we submit your credit card number or other payment information for authorization, we use state-of-the-art data encryption to protect your information. (More on this below in Data Security).
- Contests and Sweepstakes. We may publicly disclose the name, city, and province of residence of the contest and sweepstakes winners.
- Business Change. We will not sell, barter or otherwise disclose personal information to third parties as part of our regular course of business. However, in the event our business undergoes a fundamental change such as, for example, a sale or financing, merger, transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets (“Business Change”), we may disclose your personal information to the counterparties to the transaction and their professional advisors as necessary for them to conduct due diligence and to complete the transaction, provided that the counterparties and their professional advisors are required to maintain your information as confidential and provided that any successor to our business may only use and disclose your information for those purposes for which you have provided consent to us. Following such Business Change, you may contact the entity to which we disclosed your information with any inquiry concerning the processing of that information.
- Compliance with Law. We may disclose such information in response to requests from law enforcement officials conducting investigations; subpoenas; a court order; or if we are otherwise required to disclose such information by law.
YETI may share device level, aggregated, de-identified or non-personal information (such as the number of daily visitors to a particular web page, or the size of an order placed on a certain date) with third parties such as advertising partners. This information does not include your name, email address, phone number, personalized payment information. However, YETI may share this non-personal, depersonalized, aggregated, or device-level information through partnerships or other associations with entities that may use data in their possession (including data you may have given them) to link your name, email address, or other personal information to the information we provide them.
YOUR CONSENT IS IMPORTANT TO US
It is important to us that we collect, use or disclose your personal information where we have your consent to do so. Depending on the sensitivity of the personal information, your consent may be implied, deemed (using an opt-out mechanism) or express. We may collect, use or disclose your personal information without your knowledge or consent where we are permitted or required to do so by applicable law or regulatory requirements.
You may change or withdraw your consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual obligations and reasonable notice, by contacting us using the contact information set out below. All communications with respect to such withdrawal or variation of consent should be in writing. If you withdraw or vary your consent, we may not be able to provide you with the products and services you request through our Site. For example, if you want to place an order for our products, but do not provide the information required to purchase such products, we will not be able to fulfil your request.
DATA STORAGE AND SECURITY
The Site incorporates physical, electronic, and administrative procedures to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information, including Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) for all financial transactions through the Site. We use SSL encryption to protect your personal information online, and we also take several steps to protect your personal information in our facilities. Access to your personal information is restricted. Only employees who need access to your personal information to perform a specific job are granted access to your personal information. We rely on third-party service providers for the physical security of some of our computer hardware. We believe that their security procedures are adequate. For example, when you visit the Site, you access servers that are kept in a secure physical environment, behind a locked cage and an electronic firewall.
Please note that personal information stored on servers in our custody or in the custody of our service providers may be subject to access by the law enforcement authorities of those jurisdictions in which the servers are located.
The security of your personal information is important to us, please contact us immediately if there is an incident involving the loss of or unauthorized access to or disclosure of personal information that is in our custody or control.
ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
It is important that the information contained in our records is both accurate and current. If your personal information happens to change during the course of our relationship, please keep us informed of such changes.
You can ask to see your personal information. If you want to review, verify or correct your personal information, please contact us. Please note that any such communication must be in writing.
When requesting access to your personal information, please note that we may request specific information from you to enable us to confirm your identity and right to access, as well as to search for and provide you with the personal information that we hold about you. We may charge you a fee to access your personal information; however, we will advise you of any fee in advance.
Your right to access the personal information that we hold about you is not absolute. There are instances where applicable law or regulatory requirements allow or require us to refuse to provide some or all of the personal information that we hold about you. In addition, the personal information may have been destroyed, erased or made anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices. In the event that we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will endeavor to inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We don’t keep your personal information forever. We keep your personal information as long as is reasonably necessary for us to complete our dealings with you, or as may be required by law, whichever is longer.
OPTING OUT OF MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
Upon your request, we will stop sending marketing communications to your email or home address; and/or disable your account to prevent any future purchases through that account. You can make these requests at the customer information section of the Site http://yeti.com/contact-us-form/ or by telephoning your request to YETI’s Outfitter Team at: 512-394-9384. To opt-out of email communications, click the Unsubscribe link located at the bottom of the message. Please allow up to ten days for any changes to take effect. The Unsubscribe link will be valid for 60 days.
Regardless of your opt-out preferences, YETI may send you communications related to orders placed on the Site at the email you provide.
PERSONAL INFORMATION OF MINORS
Our Site is not intended to solicit information of any kind from individuals under the age of 13 or the minimum legal age in their jurisdiction of residence to use the Site (“Minors”) without the required consent from their parents/guardians. If we become aware of any information we possess that may belong to a Minor, we will immediately obtain parental consent to delete this information from our servers. If you are a parent/guardian and you suspect that your child may have submitted personal information to us, please contact us using the contact information set forth herein.
OFFLINE COLLECTION, USE & DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY