Last updated: July 14, 2021
- Our social media pages on third-party social media platforms (collectively, our “Social Media Pages”);
- Offline business interactions you have with us.
“Personal Information” is information about an identifiable individual, including information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. The Services collect Personal Information, including:
- Postal address (including billing and shipping addresses);
- Telephone number;
- Email address;
- IP address (we may also derive your approximate location from your IP address) or Media Access Control (MAC) address;
- Account information, such as username and password;
- Payment card data; and
- Any other Personal Information that you choose to provide to us through the Services.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We and our service providers collect Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through the Services.
- We collect Personal Information through the Services, for example, when you sign up to receive updates, special promotions or newsletters from us, register an account to access the Services, contact customer service, place an order over the phone, or make a purchase.
- We also collect your Personal Information if you provide it to us when attending one of our events.
- From Other Sources
- We receive your Personal Information from other sources, for example:
- publicly available databases;
- joint marketing partners, when they share the information with us; and
- surveys in which consumers elect to participate.
In circumstances where we receive your Personal Information from third parties, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that such third parties have represented to us that they have the right to disclose your Personal Information to us.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We and our service providers use Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Providing the functionality of the Services and fulfilling your requests.
- To provide the Services’ functionality to you, such as arranging access to your registered account, and providing you with related customer service.
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, when you contact us via one of our online contact forms or otherwise, for example, when you send us questions, suggestions, compliments, or complaints.
- To complete your transactions, verify your information, and provide you with related customer service.
- To send administrative information to you, such as changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To send you transactional communications about your account and activities on or in connection with the Services. For example, when you create an account, reset your password, or complete a transaction, you will receive an email confirming the details of such activity.
- Providing you with our newsletter and/or other marketing materials.
- To send you marketing related emails, with information about our services, new products, and other news about our company.
- Analyzing Personal Information for business reporting and providing personalized services.
- To analyze or predict our users’ preferences in order to prepare aggregated trend reports on how our digital content is used, so we can improve our Services.
- To better understand your interests and preferences, so that we can personalize our interactions with you and provide you with information and/or offers tailored to your interests.
- To better understand your preferences so that we can deliver content via our Services that we believe will be relevant and interesting to you.
- Allowing you to participate in sweepstakes, contests or other promotions.
- We may offer you the opportunity to participate in a sweepstakes, contest, or other promotion.
- Some of these promotions have additional rules containing information about how we will use and disclose your Personal Information. Please read those additional rules before choosing to participate.
- Aggregating and/or anonymizing Personal Information.
- We may aggregate and/or anonymize Personal Information so that it will no longer be considered Personal Information. We do so to generate other data for our use, which we may use and disclose for any purpose, as it no longer identifies you or any other individual.
- Accomplishing our business purposes.
- For data analysis, for example, to improve the efficiency of our Services
- For audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and to address legal, regulatory, or contractual requirements
- For fraud and security monitoring purposes, for example, to detect and prevent cyberattacks or attempts to commit identity theft.
- For developing new products and services.
- For enhancing, improving, repairing, maintaining, or modifying our current products and services, as well as undertaking quality and safety assurance measures.
- For identifying usage trends, for example, understanding which parts of our Services are of most interest to users.
- For determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, so that we can adapt our campaigns to the needs and interests of our users.
- For operating and expanding our business activities, for example, understanding which parts of our Services are of most interest to our users so we can focus our energies on meeting our users’ interests.
We will engage in these activities to manage our relationship with you and/or to comply with a legal obligation.
We will engage in this activity with your consent. If you consent to receiving marketing related emails from us, you will have the opportunity to opt-out (or unsubscribe) from receiving such emails.
We may provide you with personalized services and will use your Personal Information to assist us in providing you with such personalized services.
We use this information to manage our relationship with you.
We engage in these activities to manage our relationship with you, to comply with our legal obligations, and to maintain, protect, and develop our operations.
By consenting to the collection and use of your Personal Information on, through, and in connection with the Services, you allow us to fulfill the purposes for which we collect and use your Personal Information.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We disclose Personal Information:
- Our affiliates include: YETI Canada Limited, YETI Coolers, LLC, YETI UK Limited, and YETI Australia PTY LTD.
- To our third party service providers, to facilitate services they provide to us.
- These can include providers of services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other services. These service providers may send you communications on our behalf.
- To third party sponsors of sweepstakes, contests, and similar promotions
- By using the Services, you may elect to disclose Personal Information.
- On message boards, chat, profile pages, and other services to which you are able to post information and content (including, without limitation, our Social Media Pages). Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public and may be available to other users and the general public. Please be careful with your Personal Information and make sure that any Personal Information that you share is material that you are comfortable being publicly viewable since neither you nor we can control what others do with your Personal Information once you share it publicly.
- To comply with applicable law and regulations.
- This may include laws outside your country of residence.
- To cooperate with public and government authorities.
- To respond to a request or to provide information we believe is necessary or appropriate.
- These can include authorities outside your country of residence.
- To cooperate with law enforcement.
- For example, example, when we respond to law enforcement requests and orders or provide information we believe is important.
- For other legal reasons.
- To enforce our terms and conditions; and
- To protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others.
- In connection with a sale or business transaction.
- We have a legitimate interest in disclosing or transferring your Personal Information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- Browser and device information;
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies;
- Demographic information and other information provided by you that does not reveal your specific identity; and
- Information that has been aggregated in a manner such that it no longer reveals your specific identity.
OTHER USES AND DISCLOSURES
We also use and disclose your Personal Information as necessary or appropriate, in particular when we have a legal obligation or legitimate interest to do so:
“Other Information” is any information that is not about an identifiable individual, does not reveal your specific identity, and does not directly relate to an identifiable individual. The Services collect Other Information such as:
COLLECTION OF OTHER INFORMATION
We and our service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or device.
- Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your MAC address (if your MAC address cannot reasonably associated with an identifiable individual), computer type (Windows or Mac), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Services (such as the App) you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Services function properly.
- Through cookies.
- Through pixel tags and other similar technologies.
- Pixel tags. Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Services (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about usage of the Services and response rates.
- Physical Location.
- We may collect the physical location of your device by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower or WiFi signals. We may use your device’s physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services and content. We may also share your device’s physical location, combined with information about what advertisements you viewed and other information we collect, with our marketing partners to enable them to provide you with more personalized content and to study the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny such uses and/or sharing of your device’s location, but if you do, we and/or our marketing partners may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services and content.
USES AND DISCLOSURES OF OTHER INFORMATION
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
CHOICES AND ACCESS
Your choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information
We give you choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information for marketing purposes. We will obtain your consent prior to sending you any marketing-related emails, unless an exception to obtaining your prior opt-in consent to receiving marketing-related emails applies under applicable law. You may opt out or unsubscribe from receiving marketing-related emails from us at any time. If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt out by using the opt-out mechanism contained in each such email. We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable, and in any case, within the time period required under applicable law. Please note that if you opt out of receiving marketing related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot opt out. For example, when you create an account, reset your password, or complete a transaction you will receive an email confirming the details of such activity for your records.
How you can access, change, or delete your Personal Information
If you would like to request to access, correct, update, suppress, restrict, or delete Personal Information, object to or opt out of the collection, use, disclosure, or other processing of your Personal Information, or if you would like to request to receive a copy of your Personal Information for purposes of transmitting it to another company (to the extent these rights are provided to you by applicable law), you may contact us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to have changed or whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed from our database. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion (e.g., when you make a purchase or enter a promotion, you may not be able to change or delete the Personal Information provided until after the completion of such purchase or promotion).
Your right to access, change, or delete your Personal Information is not absolute. There are circumstances where applicable law or regulatory requirements allow or require us to refuse to provide you with some or all of the Personal Information that we hold about you. In addition, the Personal Information may have been destroyed, erased, or made anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices. In the event we cannot provide you with access to your Personal Information, we will endeavor to inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
We do not keep your Personal Information forever. We retain Personal Information for as long as it is reasonably needed to complete our dealings with you, or as permitted or required by applicable law.
The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Services to you (for example, for as long as you have an account with us or keep using the Services);
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them); and
- Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
THIRD PARTY SERVICES
In addition, we are not responsible for the information collection, use, disclosure, or security policies or practices of other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft, RIM, or any other social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider, or device manufacturer, including with respect to any Personal Information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with our Social Media Pages.
THIRD PARTY ADVERTISING
We use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements regarding goods and services that may be of interest to you when you access and use the Services and other websites or online services.
USE OF SERVICES BY MINORS
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information of minors. If you believe that we have collected the Personal Information of a minor, please let us know.
JURISDICTION AND CROSS-BORDER TRANSFER
Your Personal Information may be collected, used, stored, disclosed, and otherwise processed outside of your jurisdiction of residence, including in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers. By using the Services you understand and agree that your Personal Information will be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country. You acknowledge and agree that in certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your Personal Information.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REGARDING THE EEA: Some non-EEA countries are recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of data protection according to EEA standards (the full list of these countries is available here). For transfers from the EEA to countries not considered adequate by the European Commission, we have put in place adequate measures, such as standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission to protect your Personal Information. You may obtain a copy of these measures by contacting us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
Unless we request it, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background, or trade union membership) on or through the Services or otherwise to us.
THIRD PARTY PAYMENT SERVICE
Because email communications are not always secure, please do not include credit card or other sensitive information in your emails to us.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REGARDING THE EEA
You may also lodge a complaint with an EU/EEA data protection authority for your country or region where you have your habitual residence or place of work or where an alleged infringement of applicable data protection law occurs. A list of data protection authorities is available here.